Personal Data and Privacy
Munchy Group respects your privacy and views your personal data seriously. This Personal Data and Privacy Notice is issued pursuant to the requirements of the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
Personal Information and Data Collection
In the course of your dealings with us, you may have supplied and may continue from time to time to supply us with data and information about yourself, your organisation, your employees and/or your customers of a personal nature such as but not limited to name as per identity card, preferred name, identity card number, age, contact number, residential address, e-mail address, birth date, gender, designation, bank account details and other data necessary (“Personal Data”) in connection with the establishment or continuation of business relations. We may also verify or source Personal Data from third party sources, both public and private, such as credit reporting agencies, Companies Commission and Insolvency Department. Your visit to our public website or social networks may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the site and general usage patterns. Some of this information may be gathered through the usage of cookies.
Purpose of Personal Data Collection
Collection of Personal Data is relevant in connection with our business process execution, including delivery of goods and/or trading and customer and supplier relationship management.
The Personal Data collected from you may be used and/or processed as follows:-
- assessing your continued provision of products and/or services;
- verification purposes and processing payment, billing and billing enquiries;
- customising advertisements and content on our website and other social media sites;
- responding to your enquiries;
- providing marketing or promotional materials and information;
- providing products and/or services you request;
- research purposes including historical and statistical purposes and analysis;
- investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions and research for service or products improvement;
- conducting training and awareness programmes;
- customer and/or consumer promotional activities as well as marketing and consumer profiling activities;
- our internal record keeping; and
- compliance with any regulatory, statutory or legal obligation.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal Data provided to us will generally be kept confidential but provision of such Personal Data shall signify your consent to and authorisation for us to disclose your Personal Data to the following parties for the purposes set out above:
- business partners, as we may determine to be necessary and appropriate;
- third party service providers who perform business operations or send communications on our behalf;
- government agencies, statutory bodies and industry regulators;
- our auditors, consultants, accountants, insurers, lawyers and/or other advisers; and
- any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under the law or in response to the orders of a competent regulatory, statutory or government authority or pursuant to legal proceedings or purposes of national security, law enforcement or public importance.
Consequences of non-disclosure of Personal Data
Non-disclosure of Personal Data may result in us not being able:
- to provide the products and/or services you request; or
- to tell you about other products, promotions and services offered by us; or
- to process your application to us as for business opportunities
Right of Access and Correction
You may request access to or correction of the Personal Data held by us by writing to General Manager – Legal & Secretarial Affairs, 23rd, Floor, Centro Building, 8 Jalan Batu Tiga Lama, 41300 Klang, Selangor. Requests shall be made in good faith and for the following purposes:
- checking whether we hold or use Personal Data and seeking access to such data; and
- correction of inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date Personal Data.
We may review and update this Personal Data and Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect the changes in the law, changes in our business practices, procedures and structure, and the industry and community’s changing privacy expectations. The latest version of our Personal Data and Privacy Notice will be made available at www.079453.buzz.